This is a day of great happiness for many of you, since beta 2.7 is here, even earlier than we’d expected!
Our awesome development team worked day and night to make it ready quickly for all of you who urged us to hurry up and IT’S HERE!
So the greatest news: We installed a new and improved version of the built in VLC player!! What’s improved?
1. This version supports 64-bit, hence all you users who couldn’t play anything since you updated to Android lollipop (mainly Samsung users)- you’re back on!! So hurry up and get this new version!
2. We made it possible for this player to display subtitles who go from right to left CORRECTLY!! So Arabic and Hebrew speakers, this is your lucky day
- We’ve made big changed of logic for video watching. Not something you can physically see when using Popcorn Time, but they’re there.
- We fixed crashes from reports sent to us.
- Our automatic updater is back on! So most of you can update to beta 2.7 from within the app, no need to re-install! Just open the app and it will prompt you to install 2.7. If this doesn’t happen to you, you must be running a super old version!! You will have to go to www.popcorn-time.tw/android.html and download the apk.
As usual, don’t forget to SHARE SHARE AND SHARE!! Spread the word. Show us you care and share